Easy Does It With Nigella Lawson, a quick version of French Poulet a l’estragon. This recipe is just as easy as she claims it and it takes only a few minutes to prepare after you long tiring day and make a yummy supper. If you love french food this is one of its kind, especially the creamy sauce that compliments the chicken. It’s flavors are subtle and tastes like spring just like the French.
2 teaspoons garlic oil (You can use olive oil add few garlics and flilter to use the oil of garlic oil)
2 fat scallions or 4 skinny ones, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried tarragon
2 chicken breast fillets, skinless and boneless
1/3 cup vermouth or white wine
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
Fresh white pepper, to grind over
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus a pinch more for sprinkling
- Heat the garlic oil in a frying pan or Dutch oven that has a lid and in which the chicken breasts will fit pretty snugly.
- Add the scallions, stir, then sprinkle in the freeze-dried tarragon, stir again and cook them in the garlic oil for a minute, stirring some more as they cook.
- Put the chicken fillets into the pan, curved side down, and cook for 5 minutes, watching the scallions don’t burn. If they look like they’re beginning to, scrape them from the pan and let them sit on the chicken pieces.
- Turn over the breasts, and add the vermouth (or white wine). Let the vermouth bubble up, then add the salt. Put the lid on, turn the heat down low and leave it to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked through by making a small cut into the thickest part and ensuring the juices run clear – if not, simmer for a few minutes longer and check again.
- Remove the chicken breasts to warmed plates. Bring the remaining liquid to a boil, add the cream and stir well, then sprinkle in the fresh tarragon, stir again and give a good grind of white pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts, and give a final scattering of tarragon to serve.
Enjoy making this quick chicken master piece and revive your dry day. An instant mood makeover is a guarantee along with a glass of white wine. Check out Nigella’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae as your dessert treat. Do Follow us for more such celebrity food and reviews. Also leave your comments and suggestions below.
Until Next Time.