I am glad that we are receiving such a great response from all our followers and well wishers.Thank you so much for your support . Le Amusant believes in recognising budding talents and daring entrepreneurs.We have recently introduced a new column for such budding talents especially women. We encourage such bold ladies who dare to dream and fulfill such dreams.
Shuchita is a graduate from Pearl academy in Delhi. She graduated in Fashion media makeup and is now a freelancer makeup artist in Delhi. She also happens to be my school time buddy which is why i could catch hold of her out of her busy schedule. She loves her job and enjoys every minute of the makeup and glam world. I decided to interview her and get some makeup tips for all our readers.
I am a Graduate from Pearl academy in FASHION MEDIA MAKEUP. I have a passion for beauty and fashion. I enjoy traveling, reading and photography. I love makeup and how it can change your look and make you highlight every feature of your face and make it more beautiful. Makeup enhances our features and makes us more confident about ourselves.
What inspired you to become a make-up artist?
Media industry, and the way makeup changes your whole personality.
Tell us about any difficulties or hardships you faced in while chasing your dreams
I would not call it difficulties but you require lot of hard work and creativity to be a good makeup artist. You also require lot of patience for tough clients as many a times people are particular about their style and it’s hard to convince them that they need to try different and trending looks.
If you had to choose one thing, what do you think you’re the best in the world at?
Obviously Makeup, i enjoy doing my work so much that i will choose makeup over anything else.
Success or growth, what is more important to you?
Growth, Growth is most important with growth i can obviously achieve success. I need to grow and know each and every thing about makeup and the industry after which only i can achieve success. DON’T RUN BEHIND SUCCESS. RUN BEHIND SOMETHING CALLED EXCELLENCE. And success will definitely come to you.
What makes you uncomfortable in your job?
Nothing I enjoy every moment of my job. Makeup is my passion.
How do you build new ideas?
You think of a look and theme and ideas comes to you. Like when we think for a floral theme, you can relate to what all colors and things can be used in it. If you talk about a wedding, you can obviously imagine a beautiful bride with beautiful attire and a great combination of colors and jewelry which makes the bride more beautiful and will complement the whole look as well as the Indian tradition. And like if you talk about punk you can imagine and experiment with colors and a wild look.
You are a freelancer make-up artist. How do you go about when it comes to marketing strategy?
As a freelance makeup artist, you’re the core of your business. Therefore, it is up to you, and only you, to ensure that each aspect of your business is functioning as it should. This includes bookkeeping, invoicing, collecting testimonials, working on clients and marketing your makeup business. One of the most tedious tasks that most makeup artists dread is marketing their businesses. You market your business by using various methods of promotion to spread the word about your business in a positive manner to get clients on a consistent basis. This is quite possibly one of the most important aspects of your business, as without clients there is no business to speak of.
If you’re a full-time freelance makeup artist, your livelihood depends on your ability to successfully attract clients. Even if you’re a part-time freelance makeup artist, the more diligent you are in marketing your business right now, the sooner you will be able to make the leap to becoming a full-time makeup artist. Therefore, implementing some of the following tips just may be the key to developing a steady stream of income as a freelance makeup artist. Of course, there’s no need to stop just at this list. Marketing requires consistent efforts. Implement additional promotional ideas into your marketing plan. It’s always better to over-promote, than to under-promote.
Moreover you can make business bookmarks, you can film YouTube videos, create a website, write a blog and most importantly wear your work, people will appreciate it and you will get business opportunities. You can even network with other makeup artist or a industry person and even a post on newspaper ad always works.
In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur
Where you see yourself and your business in 10 years?
Successful and owning a salon or a makeup studio.(way to go attagirl!)
Since you are a make-up artist, would you like to give our readers few tips to get that perfect glam look?
For a glam look you need to follow these tips:
- Glitter, glitter glitter: We all know that diamonds are a girl’s best friend but second place has to go to glitter. Adding some makeup glitter or heavily pigmented shimmery eye shadow will bring your glam look to the next level. A quick tip, take an eye shadow brush and before placing any eyeshadow on the brush, spray it with some finishing spray. This will act as a glue for when you apply your shimmery shadow to your lid. It will give the shadow a bolder appearance. It will be worth it, trust me.
- Highlight: An intense highlight is a must when it comes to a Glam Makeup. Add the highlighter to the highest points to your face for the perfect result. Even add a little to your brow bone and cupid’s bow.
- Contour: We have heard over and over again from Kim Kardashian to your favorite YouTubers about how important contouring is. Well, they are right, especially for this look. Using the ‘E‘ or ‘3‘ effect on your face will create the contour look you’re hoping for. First, start out at your temple, apply your bronzer a ‘E‘ or ‘3‘ direction, Then, come to the middle of your cheek, and end the stroke at the end of your jawline/chin area. Make sure to blend like crazy! We don’t want you looking streaky on your special night.
- Falses: False lashes are what, really gives you your glam look, it’s the dramatic feel. What’s so great about this step is that you can really add whatever lashes that suit you. You need to pick lashes that you love, that you feel your look embodies.
- The lip: This is where you can customize your look to fit you. Whether, you want a red vintage red or a bright pink, it’s up to you you can choose whichever lipstick you want and trust me you’ll look great with it. Tip: If you’re afraid of red lipstick, put it on and then blot it off to wear it as more of a stain.
- Blush: when you are going bold with the eyes and lips keep the blush neutral for a healthy glow.
Le Amusant had a great time interviewing Shuchita and wishes her luck with her job and future plans.We would like to see you owning your very own salon soon.You can also follow us on twitter and facebook by the name of Le Amusant or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a story to share. We would love to hear your story.